Wednesday 11 January 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites - a recipe

I have discovered Pinterest….. not sure yet if it is a blessing or a curse, but I have found some interesting items there that I either want to make – crafty ways or food that I want to make.  My latest find was Cheesy Quinoa Bites.  They looked simple, healthy, and like something that at least one of my children (Aislin the adventurous) would eat.

Here is the recipe – which of course has my altered version:

4 cups cooked Quinoa
1.5 large carrots
½  a bunch of cilantro
2 green onions
1 clove of garlic
smidgen of salt
2 eggs
2 – 3 tbsp flour
black pepper
4 oz shredded cheese – extra sharp cheddar in our case

Chop/shred/blend all veggie ingredients. I just roughly chopped everything and threw it in my Ninja. I LOVE that thing!

Next add all the rest to a bowl and mix.  Fill sprayed mini muffin pans until heaping. Cook for about 25 min at 350 and enjoy! When they are done, they will pop right out.



They were really yummy. Although, I might add pepper jack cheese next time to give it some more kick. 

As expected, Aislin loved them, and Christopher feed his to the dog.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment